Michigan Collaborative Attorney
Resolving Your Divorce Together
The collaborative law process is another way of dissolving a marriage without needing to appear in court. The process is similar to mediation wherein both parties are the ones deciding on settlement rather than a judge. The difference is in collaborative divorce cases is that a written agreement is crucial in settling all aspects of divorce or separation. In mediation, clients may choose to not have their divorce attorneys present during the process. In a collaborative agreement, however, the communication goes four ways with both parties and their collaborative lawyers.
- In order to have a successful collaborative agreement, the following are necessary:
- Both parties must sign a contract agreeing to resolve all settlements outside of court.
- Both parties must agree to be fair and respectful towards each other.
- Both parties must be willing to provide all information and records related to the separation.
Aside from these requirements, the key to a successful collaborative agreement is to have skillful a collaborative divorce lawyer in Southeast Michigan who you can just to protect your rights and interests every step of the way.
Let Our Board-Certified Family Lawyer & Team Guide You Through This Time
We are determined to find favorable compromises and solutions that are acceptable to both parties while maintaining your best interests. Our attorneys have been trained in the methods and approaches involved in collaborative law. We are prepared to combine our skills with other professionals, such as therapists, financial advisors, and others to achieve the results that you need.
- Our lawyers have exceptional negotiation skills to settle issues involving:
- Child support and custody
- Division of property and other assets
- Spousal support
If you decide to pursue collaborative law, our attorneys are ready to meet with the other party to draft the necessary documentation to begin the process.
Consult with the Southeast Michigan collaborative divorce attorney at the Law Offices of David Binkley when you call (248) 809-6394!